Salary27.73 per hour (IBEW Wage Scale)
GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK:
Provide advanced level support to the operations department. Performs a variety of administrative and warehouse duties including, but not limited to, work orders, inventory, mapping, and reporting. Work is performed under the immediate supervision of the Operations Manager. This position is a full-time, non-exempt, represented position.
- Prepare, generate, maintain and/or complete work orders. Distribute copies as appropriate. Track time, materials, labor, and expenses for each work order. Assign each work order with appropriate accounting information.
- Maintain the utility system’s GIS mapping database using information from drawings and field data. Perform data collection or verification of field data as required to ensure the accuracy of maps created in the ESRI format and entry into the database.
- Routinely monitor inventory through detailed record-keeping and visual inspections, assist in the annual inventory process and request replacement inventory as needed.
- Assist departments and Operations Manager in fiscal year budgeting process by providing reports, historical data, and cost estimates for various capital and operating expenses based on existing information, obtaining quotes and/or estimates. Use a variety of resources to assist in budget development.
- Track and maintain departmental budget expenditures. Create purchase requisitions and process receivers/receipts for purchases. Obtain quotes from vendors for materials, tools and equipment in compliance with purchasing policies and to ensure best pricing. Collaborate with Purchasing Agent as needed or required.
- Maintain detailed records for call-outs and outages. Prepare appropriate corresponding documentation and reports on a monthly and quarterly schedule or as requested.
- Maintain database and detailed records for various equipment such as meters, transformers and tools.
- Warehouse duties as needed. Operate forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment as work requires. Verify correct material and count of shipment delivered to warehouse. Maintain organized warehouse to ensure safe work environment.
- Maintain office supply stock and monitor use in departments.
- Perform general clerical duties such as typing, filing, sorting, copying, scanning and routing of information and documentation.
- Ability to work and perform tasks with limited instruction, independently and at times without supervision.
- Demonstrate an ability to form and maintain positive and cohesive working relationship with co-workers and supervisors.
- Assure that work area is clean, secure, safe and well maintained.
- Performs other tasks and duties as requested, required and/or assigned.
Job Related Qualifications
The position requires an Associates Degree in Engineering Technology, Geographical Information Systems, or related technical degree program; relevant experience and training may substitute for degree. A valid Oregon driver’s license; familiarity with modern office practices and thorough working knowledge of standard office equipment, copiers, and computers; proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel software programs and an ability to learn specialized software applications used for inventory tracking, GIS mapping, purchasing, and work orders; the ability to read, comprehend, and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; ability to accurately type 40 words per minute; and have or the ability to obtain forklift certification within a reasonable time.
Familiarity with electric and water utility work, terminology, equipment, and materials.
Knowledge of principles of Oregon public purchasing law and accounting procedures.
Applications accepted until filled. First review of applications received will be on October 27, 2021.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, Oregon PERS/Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP), monthly contribution to the employee’s VEBA account, and 401(k) and 457 deferred compensation plans. Canby Utility pays 95% of the employee and family medical, dental, and vision premium costs, and the employee’s 6% contribution portion of PERS.