In anticipation of possible power outages that can be caused by storms, accidents, or natural disasters, Canby Utility reminds and encourages our customers to call and report outages, should they occur.
- Contact our office at (503) 266-1156 to report an outage.
- For after-hours outages call (503) 266-1156 and press 1 for Emergency, or call (833) 887-0843.
(Our regular office hours are Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm)
Additional Power-Outage Tips
- Unplug sensitive electronics, like televisions and computers, and appliances like room air conditioners or space heaters. This may prevent appliances from being damaged by power variations that can occur when power is restored.
- Keep freezer and refrigerator doors closed. Food will generally stay frozen for 36 to 48 hours in a fully-loaded freezer if you keep the door closed. A half-full freezer will generally keep food frozen for 24 hours.
- As soon as power returns, check temperatures. If the food in the freezer has ice crystals and is not above 40°F, you can refreeze.
- Perishable foods in the refrigerator should not be above 40°F for more than two hours.
- Keep curtains closed and limit trips outside to maintain temperature for a longer period.
- Make sure to have flashlights, a battery-powered radio, and fresh batteries in an easily accessible area.
- Keep a battery-operated radio tuned to a local station. If the power outage is extensive or if there are rotating outages, announcements will be made on the radio.