Canby Utility’s Commitment to Service:
- Exceptional customer service
- Electricity you can rely on
- Quality water that is safe to drink
- Responsive employees who are approachable, helpful and knowledgeable
- User friendly systems that allow us to check problems, call you back quickly, and deliver fast response on outages and repairs
- Competitive water and power rates with price stability
- Technical assistance and incentives to help your home or business become energy efficient
- Proactive representation, advocating for you and all Canby citizens on regional power and water issues
- Good civic work – providing in-kind support whenever we’re uniquely positioned to help
Canby Utility is a customer-owned utility that was established in 1970 as an independent subdivision of the City of Canby. Our mission is to efficiently provide you with hometown electric and water service at reasonable, stable prices with a balanced, flexible approach to environmental and future needs.
We are governed by a five member Board of Directors, appointed by the Mayor of Canby and confirmed by the City Council. The Board holds regular meetings on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month. These meetings are open to the public and you are always welcome to attend.
Our electric and water rates are set by the Board through a public rate setting process. As a customer-owned utility, our rates are designed to collect only enough money to effectively manage operations and plan for the future. We are funded solely through rates, fees and charges and not subsidized by property taxes or the City’s general fund.
In short, we operate as a fiscally responsible business. We pledge to continue to do so, managing the critical electric and water systems for our growing community.