Community Donation & Assistance
Canby Utility (CU) Manager may consider and approve requests for donations of labor, material, supplies, promotional items and use of equipment, facilities and tools from public and/or non-profit entities that meet the following requirements:
- Benefits of CU Donations and Assistance:
- Substantially exceed cost to CU.
- Are available to all persons.
- Are Non-political (support no party, cause or candidate).
- Donation / Assistance does not increase CU liabilities (beyond donations).
- CU is authorized to use act of donating as part of Public Relations Program.
- CU is the most suitable to make donation; there are no better possible providers of benefit.
- Donations revert to CU if benefits are used to circumvent or defeat these requirements.
CUB has a limited donation/assistance budget. Therefore, competing requests will be considered on a cost vs. benefit basis as judged by CU.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR SEPTIC OWNERS IN THE MOLALLA RIVER WATERSHED – PROGRAM HAS BEEN EXTENDED THROUGH July 15, 2020. PUBLIC WORKSHOPS SCHEDULED FOR SEPTEMBER 24 AND OCTOBER 3.
Canby Utility and the City of Molalla are working together to protect water resources. The purpose is to fund and coordinate efforts regarding source water protection, public outreach and education around watershed issues, drinking water, and water conservation, so that we may preserve the Molalla River as a high-quality drinking water source. Grant funds are limited and available on a first-come, first-serve basis until funds are depleted. Contact Barb Benson at 503-263-4312 for information.
Nitrate Screening at Public Workshop: Instructions for collecting a water sample
- Brochure and Rebate/Cost Share Application
- Septic Smart Approved Contractors:
- Existing System Evaluation Report:
- Septic Smart Brochure for Home Owners:
- Septic Smart Brochure for Home Buyers: