After Hours Emergency Hotline:
503-721-0532

lens
 
CONTACT US

Canby Utility
PO Box 1070
154 NW 1st Avenue
Canby, OR 97013

Phone: (503) 266-1156
Fax: (503) 263-8621
Email: customersupport

 
WATER TESTING FOR HARMFUL ALGAE BLOOM TOXINS
 
Water Quality Report
More About Canby Utility

Drinking Water Taste and Odor Issues

Canby Utility (CU) is actively working on the taste and odor issues with our drinking water. The taste and odor is attributed to Algae Bloom compounds Geosmin and 2-Methylisborneol (MIB), that have been detected in our post treatment water. The occurrence usually shows up when we have long periods of warm days and low river flows; typically late summer. Please note that the algae bloom Geosmin and MIB are not toxic and will not make consumers sick. CU drinking water has been tested after identifying these compounds and it has been determined safe to drink. CU will continue to test the water weekly to ensure we are providing safe drinking water to our customers. Some customers have reported that activated carbon filter systems such as Brita, PUR, and Culligan products have helped with the taste and odor. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. 503-266-1156

upcoming events and
MEETINGS
Board Meeting for Tuesday, August 25th
Cancelled
45th Anniversary Customer Appreciation Event
12:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Board Meeting Tuesday, September 8 th
7:00 p.m.
calander
Call Before You Dig
811